Training course programme for framework developers
Programme for a 5 days short course that provides industry, VET and professional body personnel/ experts with the knowledge, skills and techniques to construct relevant and effective professional standards and competence frameworks or occupational profiles for their sector.
- Concepts and models of competence; internal and external approaches
- Key properties – contextual coverage, resilience to change, non-discrimination, appropriate level of detail, effective communication
- Level of occupational complexity, threshold level and level of progression
- Choosing and using different methods for researching and developing the content of competence frameworks
- Structuring competence frameworks
- Writing competence statements – including logic, clarity of language, assessability
- Common problems and pitfalls
- Consultation and trialling, including sample selection, methods, limiting factors including response effect and selective bias, analysis and use of results.
Resources to support the course are included in the Methodological manual section of this site.