Academic paper summarising and evaluating the project and reviewing matters arising from it in the context of the theory and practice associated with professional standards and competence frameworks internationally.
- Different conceptions of ‘competence’ including ‘internal’ versus ‘external’ models
- Established and emerging models of competence in partner and other European countries
- Different conceptions of competence in the different partner countries and in EU-level instruments, relative merits, how they interact
- Issues of applying the concept of competence to higher-level occupations
- Issues encountered through the development and trialling process